Semiconductor and electronic component distributor Mouser Electronics has announcd the availability of BeagleBoard's BeagleBone Community Development Board, which delivers the bare bones with access to interface signals for sensors and controls, while eliminating the need for additional equipment with a single cable development environment.
Meant to work standalone or in conjunction with existing BeagleBoard and BeagleBoard-xM, the BeagleBone Community Development Board is targeted at application developers enabling easy access to industry standard I/O's. BeagleBone features the TI AM3359 processor, a 700MHz or greater super-scalar ARM Cortex-A8, 256-MB DDR2 RAM, and a USB 2.0 flexible device port with the ability to supply power.
• >700-MHz super-scalar ARM Cortex-A8
• 256-MB DDR2 RAM
• 1-port USB 2.0 host
• Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
• microSD slot and 2-GB microSD card with validation and demonstration image from the Angstrom Distribution
• USB 2.0 flexible device port with ability to supply power
• On-board USB-to-serial/JTAG over shared USB device port
• 3.3-V 2× 46-pin peripheral with multiplexed LCD signals and battery-control expansion headers
• Board size: 3.4" × 2.1"
• 3D printers and industrial robotics
• Autonomous robots and flying drones
• Web servers and Internet-enabled kiosks
• Home media centers and automation
• In-vehicle entertainment and monitoring
• Thin clients and digital signage
• Development with Ubuntu, Android™, Open Embedded, Windows Embedded, QNX, Symbian, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, and more
Click here for the BeagleBoard datasheet