Contec Ltd today introduced an embedded PC series, The BOX Computer BX300 series, that uses Intel Atom processor Z530P and features DIN-rail mountable body, fanless design.
The BOX Computer BX300 series is a power-saving industrial PC for embedded, featuring a palm-size body that allows it to be installed on DIN-rail. Contec said the machines in this series is more energy efficient than the CPU-SB30 series that has the same size chassis.
BX300 series supports Windows Embedded Standard, the OS for embedded equipment, and Windows Embedded Standard is designed for use in embedded systems, so you can use various Windows applications on the BX300 series.
This can be used as a programmable automation controller (PAC), can accommodate up to eight I/O modules (digital I/O, analog I/O, counter, motion control and serial/GPIB communication).
Further new features include expansion chassis [ECH-PCI-CE-H4D] in combination with, enabling use of an expansion board for the desktop PC. Its other features are mini chassis and variety of standard interfaces. They include 2x 1000BASE-T LAN ports, 4x USB2.0 ports, 2x RS-232C serial ports, 2x CF card slots and audio. Customization of this product is available.
• Supports 35mm DIN rail mounting
• Contributing to reduction of running cost and promotion of energy efficiency
• Contributing to compact device design. Fits a PC with expansion capability into a small space (94.0(W) x 120.0(D) x 74.7(H))
• Fanless design that reduces maintenance work
• Major types of peripherals are supported with rich interfaces including the two CF card slots
• Possibly used as a controller for a measurement/control/communication device from the F&eIT Series Up to eight F&eIT Series device modules
• Expandable with PCI boards and/or PCI Express boards
• Safety design required for embedded applications
• Supports a wide range of power supplies from 10.8 to 31.2VDC.