Green Hills Software has announced updates to its Platform for Trusted Mobile Devices and its mobile hypervisor, the INTEGRITY Multivisor. The Platform enables the latest smartphones and tablets to meet stringent IT management and government security requirements.
The Platform is designed to enable mobile device OEMs, integrators, and service providers to ensure that their mobile offerings can safely be used to access sensitive government information and networks while making no sacrifices in the availability, privacy, and performance relating to the personal use of multimedia, social, and Internet apps.
According to Green Hills, high robustness isolation between the personal 'persona' and the IT-managed persona is the only way to meet these disparate requirements. Personas are implemented as virtual machines under the strict control of the INTEGRITY Multivisor.
The updated Platform, consisting of integrated components from Green Hills Software as well as third parties, includes:
* INTEGRITY Multivisor: mobile microkernel Type-1 hypervisor built on the world’s only Common Criteria EAL6+, High Robustness certified microkernel technology
* Multivisor Support Packages (MSPs) for tablets based on the latest shipping mobile single and multicore SoCs, including TI OMAP4 and Freescale i.MX53
* Layered Suite B and FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptographic services, including data storage encryption and secure wireless communications, implemented in software or using hardware accelerators and cryptographic elements
* Integrated Mobile Device Management (MDM) technology that turns the handheld into a first-class managed device in the enterprise network
* Expert porting and security services to meet carrier, integrator, and end-user specific requirements
* New I/O virtualization technologies to enable the efficient yet compartmentalized sharing of multimedia and communications peripherals across personas
* Support for the latest versions of Android and other popular mobile operating systems
For more information visit www.ghs.com/products/mobile_devices.html.